Project Commercial Modelling
A huge part of any scheme or project, the commercial modelling is the foundation on which investment and decisions are made.Each of the team at Ener-Vate has been developing Commercial Models for Energy Projects for over 10 years.
We recognise that Commercial Modelling of a project has to be a process that adapts to the changing conditions of the world of property and energy development.
The type of development projects that the team at Ener-Vate have commercially modelled include the following
- small residential/mixed use sites of c150 homes
- medium residential/mixed use schemes of 1000 residential units
- large residential /mixed use schemes of 10,000 new homes
- city centre schemes
- city centre retro-fit schemes
- EfW schemes using heat (Biomass and Waste)
- Schemes using a geothermal input
- Due diligence on 3rd party models to ensure market viability
- Post ESCo appointment modelling on behalf of Master Developers to ‘shadow’ the appointed ESCo on site. This gives the Master Developer the additional confidence that the customers of the site are being served the best possible value.
The commercial modelling carried out is based on a deep and wide-ranging knowledge of the market in the UK. The main suppliers to the market are known to us and we consistently update our inputs and assumptions based on the latest information and costs.
This ensures that the modelling used within tender packs to suppliers is entirely compatible to their investment criteria and that time and effort is not wasted on producing models that can not be taken forward.
The way in which the commercial modelling is carried out takes into account all aspects of the scheme. It is imperative to understand how each of the commercial inputs, the client information, the project information and timelines and masterplan assumptions can impact on the outputs and viability of a scheme. Ener-Vate is very experienced in this aspect of project development and we know which are the most important items to balance correctly to achieve the best result for developers and customers of the scheme.
The commercial models we produce are presented to our clients in an easy to view format which highlights the main areas of risk. We create a very adaptable model in which different input and masterplan scenarios can be viewed to assess the impact to the modelling outputs without the need to fundamentally change the background model.
This ability to adapt and ensure that long-term development schemes are balanced to suit all stakeholders has been recognised and utilised by other types of project providers such as waste collection provider ENVAC.